The following is prohibited in the Do Jang:
- Unsupervised training.
- Profanity, loss of temper, arguing or talking back.
- Horseplay, running, excessive laughing and loud talking.
- Laying down, or leaning against the walls.
- Students must obtain permission from their Master Instructor. before entering competitions or demonstrations.
- Never interrupt your instructor, unless there is an emergency.
- Once students have lined up, wait at attention in the doorway for permission from the Instructor to enter.
- Ask for permission before the Do Jang or using school equipment.
- Always bow to the flags upon entering and exiting the training area.
- When class officialy begins, students should like up according to rank. Highest ranking to the front right facing the Instructor.
- No shoes are to be worn in the training area.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Do Jang (including: eating, drinking or smoking is not permitted at anytime while in uniform).
- Uniforms should be clean and ironed.
- Belts should be tied (equal ends/ stripe on the right hand side) and always worn with uniform.
- Long hair should be tied up and firmly secured. Finger and toenails should be clear and trimmed. Pay attention to personal hygiene (use deodorant).
- Do not leave class early without permission from the Instructor.
- During class respect and discipline must be maintained at all times. Remember the chain of command of rank (senior grade to junior grade) must be followed at all times.
Do Jang Etiquette
1. Keep your uniform and sparring gear neat, clean and odor free.
2. Bring your sparring equipment to every class.
3. Arrive 10 – 15 minutes early to class and stretch quietly.
4. Do not disturb the class in session.
5. Attend class on a regular and consistent basis.
6. Practice and exercise regularly at home.
7. Learn and apply the Student Pledge and Student Oath
8. Show respect to instructors and fellow students.
9. Develop and maintain a positive, well-disciplined attitude.
10. Show proper effort and spirit in the school.
11. No jewelry, watches, wristbands, earrings, etc., in class.
12. Read and follow the student handbook rules.